Appointments and healthcare services
- Do I need to change the way I book appointments?
No, you do not need to change the way you normally book appointments.
- Can I still see the GP/GPs I usually see?
Yes, your usual GPs from your registered practice will still be available for appointments. As per current scheduling, you may not always get to see the GP you want on the day you require due to working days and clinic needs.
- I have appointments booked for after the date of the move, do I need to do anything?
No, you don’t need to do anything. All of your existing appointments scheduled for any date after, or on the day of, the move will automatically be relocated to Beaconsfield Medical Centre.
- I have prescriptions I collect from the Pyramid pharmacy in the Old town Beaconsfield, do i need to do anything to ensure my prescription is available at the Beaconsfield Medical Centre Pharmacy?
No, you don’t need to do anything. The pharmacist at the Pyramid pharmacy in the Old town Beaconsfield will ensure your prescription will be ready to collect from the new Pharmacy at BMC when they open and will contact you directly to inform you themselves.
- I am pregnant and usually see my midwife at Millbarn Medical Centre, should I now visit Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
Once the new site is open, you should attend all antenatal appointments at Beaconsfield Medical Centre.
- When will the prescription drop-off box be available?
The prescribing drop-off box at Beaconsfield Medical Centre will only be available during our opening hours (Monday – Friday 8.00am-6.30pm for Millbarn Medical Centre).
- Is there a different process to check-in and wait for appointments based on whether you are a Simpson Centre or Millbarn patient?
When you first enter the building, you will need to check-in at your practice’s specific check-in screens only (image below). These will be signposted for Millbarn Medical Centre patients. Once you’ve checked-in, the screen will show you directions to your waiting area, the waiting areas are shared for patients of both practices. All call-in screens are visible for all patients so you will be notified when you are to proceed to your consulting room.
Contacting Millbarn Medical Centre
- If I need to contact Millbarn Medical Centre after it has moved to BMC, should I use different contact details?
Our phone number and contact details will remain the same after we have relocated to the Beaconsfield Medical Centre. However, if you want to write to us, you’ll need to use a new address: Beaconsfield Medical Centre, Walkwood Rise, Beaconsfield, HP9 1TX.
- Will your opening hours change when you relocate to Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
No, our opening hours will remain the same before and after we relocate (8.00am-6.30pm for Millbarn Medical Centre).
Facilities and transport
- Is there parking available at Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
Yes, the centre has a large patient car park and additional staff parking.
- Which buses stop near the Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
For all information regarding buses and public transport, visit the location and directions page.
- Are there disabled parking spaces?
Yes, there are 6 disabled parking spaces available.
- Can I use the dial-a-ride service to get to and from the Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
The Chilterns Dial-a-Ride is a Registered Charity (Charity Number 1161606) dedicated to providing an affordable, accessible and safe transport service for people living in or close to Chiltern District who, due to age, illness or disability are not able to transport themselves or use public transport services. It is a door to door, round-trip service, using specially equipped vehicles with wheelchair access and trained, caring drivers. You must be a registered member to use this service. More information can be found on the Chiltern Dial-a-ride website.
- What is the address of the Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
The new address is Beaconsfield Medical Centre, Walkwood Rise, Beaconsfield, HP9 1TX.
- Are accessibility lifts available at the Beaconsfield Medical Centre?
Yes, there are two lifts.